Deaf choir

 

I was listening to Radio 2000 the other night and they were interviewing Carien Marais who is the marketing manager of the Transoranje School for the Deaf.  The school has a choir that sings in sign language and have been invited overseas to perform at a festival or event.  And they need R140k to do this.

I was listening to Carien talk about brand exposure and benefits to sponsors - the kind of thing that I love hearing.  This is a good cause, the majority of the kids come from extremely poor backgrounds and this would be a great opportunity for them.   

They need money and if you know of any company that would like to make a donation or if you want to make a donation you can contact Carien on 082 480 4866 or the school directly on 012 386-6072 or email them.

On the subject of sign language

Before I became part of the Black Daniels I played in the Chalks.  There were a few people who came and went but the final four were me, Jeremy Daniel (also from the Black Daniels), and two other dooses.  The drummer was really good at promotion and managed to get one of our songs play listed on Radio 2000.  I got this excited SMS from Jeremy a few days ago telling me he heard it being played.  I think that's quite exciting.

There are about three of four different versions of the song - but I think this is the best version so far.  The song is called Bad Habits and I wrote it. 


Comments