Someone will find this interesting. It's very likely that there aren't as many operating now. The anc government (with its union allies) has done its best to close as many companies as possible.
I was asked by Brigitte Brun where I got my figure of 500,000 enitities that would need a scorecard. I took this information from the latest CIPRO stats. Here is a diagram of the breakdown
|
Close Corporations |
1,612,481 |
|
Public Companies |
3,224 |
|
Private Companies |
188,728 |
|
Non Profit (Section 21) |
23,293 |
|
Limited By Guarantee |
84 |
|
External Companies under Section 21A |
12 |
|
External Companies |
1,148 |
|
Incorporated (Professionals) |
9,481 |
|
Company Unlimited |
6 |
|
Co-Operative |
16,247 |
|
Total |
1,854,704 |
If 80% are EMEs then the total figure is 370,941. And if 70% are EMEs then it would be 556,411.
I reckon these figures are close enough.
Comments
Post a Comment