And so we come to 2022


This was a really hard year for me.   I lost a very close friend who died in his sleep.  I developed an abscess in my backside that needed to be drained.  It was very painful. I resigned from the company I worked for and went back out on my own.  I figured that my wife didn't care about the marriage.  I was very vulnerable and became perhaps a bit too needy.  She'd lost interest, which is fair because I didn't like her much anyway.  I'm watching a friend go through the same thing at the moment.  The fact is that if someone doesn't love you or doesn't care about you they never will.  It's not their fault.  They don't care.

Eventually I had to move out.  I had been sleeping in the spare room for a number of months.  First because of my operation and then because she snores.  I loved the spareroom.  We told the kids who were surprised.  

I thought this would blow over.  We'd had a go at divorce before and she backed down.  She never backed down.  I went to therapy and that helped.  I saw the marriage for what it was and I didn't want it.  

I moved in with my mother and hated it.  Eventually a friend offered me a garden flat.  I lived there for 14 months.

And then my father died.  It was a blessing, there was no quality of life.

My sister says that getting divorced is awful but being divorced is great.  She's right.  There's nothing that would make me want to get back together with my ex.  I was so unhappy.  

It all started in 2022.  It was a great year.  But I hated it. 

Comments